Blogger Templates
This blog has been retired. I won't respond to any inquiries but have retained it in case it is still of interest to anyone passing by.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saalfield American Colonial Paper Dolls


This week I've chosen another Saalfield paper doll set with an American theme although its at the other end of the spectrum to last week's Indian Paper Dolls   What I've always liked about this set is the rich colours that were used and the beautiful bright artwork. 




This is also another example of Saalfield's tendency to reprint paper doll books in differing formats.  I must have originally had the budget version of the book as my dolls were already 'dressed' and at best had one or two outfits each. 
Recently I discovered a more 'sophisticated' version of the book with the dolls in their pretty under garments and a sumptuous selection of dresses. 








There are even pages to colour including an additional selection of outfits that can be completed to suit all tastes! 







5 comments:

CraveCute said...

Oh Sharon, I have been looking around your blog and it is quite amazing! First of all thank you so much for following my blog. I will be following back in just a moment.

I will be featuring another Christmas push out book on my blog next week. They are just fantastic and I just don't have enough room for pictures in my Etsy shop to show how neat they really are. You were a very lucky girl to get such fine gifts! It brings back those childhood memories!

GardenOfDaisies said...

I have been looking at one of these on e-bay. That is one of the things I love about paperdolls... they tell a fanciful version of history. I doubt my colonial ancestors had more than one or two homespun work dresses that they wore all week long. Maybe if they were lucky they had a nice wool Sunday dress to change into once a week. But paperdolls allow us to leave the rough reality of life behind and create dresses of our dreams.

sharonssunlitmemories said...

I think that's why I like paper dolls so much. The only limit is the imagination. On paper anything is possible - nothing is too complicated or expensive. They really can let us escape from reality on any flight of fancy.

Carrie said...

Lovely to see these. Thanks so much for taking so much of your time to scan all these in and upload them!

sharonssunlitmemories said...

Thanks for visiting and leaving the comment Carrie. Putting these posts together is something I really enjoy - I just wish I had more time to do it!

Link/within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...