Blogger Templates
This blog has been retired. I won't respond to any inquiries but have retained it in case it is still of interest to anyone passing by.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Few of My Favourite Things


When Darlene from Darlene Foster's Blog featured a post called A Few of My Favourite Things I liked the idea so much I decided to put together a similar post of my own.

Here are a few of my favourite things - I take none of them for granted and give thanks for them every day!

The view from my bedroom window  . . . . . .  




The beautiful scenery of Ireland where I live now . . . . . .


Glendalough
Powerscourt Waterfall


Magnificent treasures from antiquity free-to-view on my doorstep . . . . . .


Rich African memories (my past and my heritage) . . . . . .

Port St Johns

PheZulu
Blouberg Beach


Art that allows the imagination to soar . . . . . .

Ron Embleton

Books!  All shapes, sizes and for all ages - to enrich the mind . . . . . .




My parents - gone but not forgotten . . . . . .




My sister - at the other end of the world but always in my thoughts . . . . .


                                            (I wore my mother's dress!)

Wedding Day 1996


With my Sister - Port St Johns

Last week my sister sent this to me - I thought it was perfect to include here.



My two 'boys' - the centre of my world . . . . . .

Hout Bay (Cape Town) 

Table Mountain (Cape Town)

My favourite quote . . . . . .

We change our skies
But not our hearts
Who go across the seas.
                                                                                    Christianna Brand 

'Real' friends and 'blog' friends who brighten my day . . . . . .



For all these things I start each day with a sense of wonder and awe and feel truly blessed.

13 comments:

Three Hoodies Save the World said...

Great shots. They are some lovely places you've lived.

CraveCute said...

Wonderful post Sharon! Stopping to be thankful and to remember the past and where we come from really helps to keep us balanced in life doesn't it! Beautiful photos of your family!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Wonderful favorite things... so much to be thankful for. Beautiful scenery indeed.

Darlene Foster said...

What wonderful favourite things and great pictures. They say to be copied is the best compliment of all and I feel very complimented! Thanks for sharing your favourite things. (I feel a Julie Andrews song about to burst forth)

Kylie said...

Lovely post Sharon. I think it's very special that your Sister wore your Mum's wedding dress x

Barbara said...

Beautiful post, I’ve got a tear in my eye – lovely pictures and words. Thanks for sharing a little of your life.

Megan said...

I love this post Sharon! That view from your bedroom window is to die for and the little quote about being thankful for everything we have, like Barbara above, it brought a tear to my eye. It's so lovely to get a glimpse into these things you love that create wonder for you everyday. Beautiful words to match the pics too :)

Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

Unknown said...

Oh, Sharon, what a beautiful post. The pictures were lovely to look at, and you now live in what looks like a mythical magical realm.
The kitty picture touched my heart. We should all remember this.

Dr. Niamh Clune said...

I have discovered your lovely Blog through Darlene Foster. Lovely, special things that say so much about you. Nice to meet and greet!

Donna Heber said...

A beautiful post Sharon with all the wonderful things you love. I enjoyed reading your favorite quote.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Niamh Clune and I would like to invite you to join us On the Plum Tree. http://ontheplumtree.wordpress.com/hello-world/ Am amazing group of writers who care about each other and the world. We share blog posts, book reviews and other things of interest. You would fit right in.

Catherine Smith said...

Thank you for a sunlit nostalgic journey. I used to play with paper dolls as a child. I have the Original 1960s My Fair Lady Paper Doll if you are still interested.

Catherine Smith said...

Thank you for a sunlit nostalgic journey. I used to play with paper dolls as a child. I have the Original 1960s My Fair Lady Paper Doll if you are still interested.

Link/within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...