Last week Joleene from Amaranthine Night awarded me with the One Lovely Blog Award!
Thank you Joleene!! I'm thrilled you included me in your list.
Joleene is an author and a successful one at that! If you have not yet visited her blog please pay Joleene a visit - she is one of the most creative and original people out there!
Here are the rules of the award:
Include the blog award logo in your post
Thank the person who nominated you
Provide 7 random facts about yourself
Nominate 7 other blogs and let them know you have done so
Joleene included a marvellous list of facts in her post on the award. I enjoyed reading them so much I decided I would try to be a bit inventive with my response as well.
So my 7 random facts are:
1. When I was very small I desperately wanted to be a fairy. Every morning I would examine my shoulder blades to see whether my wings were beginning to sprout.
|Aged about 4|
2. Because I am left handed I tend to do a lot of things back to front. I can only tie a bow if I hold the object upside down.
3. I learned the Alphabet by repeatedly paging through this book. From an early age I could recite it both forwards and backwards. To do the latter I just mentally turned the pages of the book from back to front. To this day I still visualise this book whenever I do anything Alphabet related.
4. I do something similar with numbers. My 2nd class teacher taught us to count and add with story cards. I still think of the digits 0 - 9 as being the colours she used. When I add, subtract, multiply etc I do it with these colours and not abstract numbers.
|I'm the glum looking one - 3 from left, 2nd row|
5. I was born in 1959. The only way I have ever been able to remember my age is to take the last digit of the current year and add one. I need to know what decade I'm in but other than that I've never been able to keep track. But because it is 2012 I know I'm 53 (2+1 = 3).
6. I very rarely go to see a movie in a cinema because I cry for almost any reason. Last night I watched the first episode of the new Downton Abbey season and felt the tears start when Lady Mary came down the stairs in her wedding gown. My husband and son tease me mercilessly!
7. I love music but have never been able to successfully play a musical instrument. I was, however, once told (with great authority by the person concerned) that I was a brilliant clarinet player in a previous life! (Obviously these skills are not transferable.)