Yesterday Barbara from March House Books nominated me for the One Lovely Blog award. I was thrilled as she must have had many other blogs to choose from. Barbara's blog is brilliant - wonderful vintage children's books and all sorts of other interesting snippets of information. Thanks so much Barbara for thinking of me when you put your list together.
I'm copying the the requirements of receiving the award from her blog:
1. To thank the giver and link back to her site.
2. Provide 5 random facts that folks may not know about you.
3. Pass this award on to 5 other lovely blog sites and let them know you're awarding them.
4. Copy the award logo and paste it onto your own site.
So here goes with the 5 random facts:
1. I'm left handed.
2. I'm a Scatterling (of Africa). The term originally comes from a Johnny Clegg/Jaluka song from the 1980's (it featured in the opening credits of 'Rain Man'). My husband and I are both South Africans with a shared Scottish heritage. I'm now also an Irish citizen by naturalisation.
3. I hold an Honours Degree in History. I've always been drawn to Antiquity and the early Medieval period. When I was a little girl I longed to live in a land of real castles and ancient forests.
4. I started my working life as a High School History teacher. In the early 80's I bought a Sinclair ZX Spectrum. I was curious to know how the games worked so I broke into the code to figure it out. It made me decide to change my career path. At the age of 27 I started programming and I've been a software developer working in IT ever since.
5. I love reading and my secret guilty pleasure is cleverly plotted whodunits. For me Ellis Peter's Brother Cadfael series was a match made in heaven.
My nominations are based on a combination of blogs I enjoy visiting and personalities that I feel I've really gotten to know. My choices are influenced by that as much as content: