Blogger Templates
This blog has been retired. I won't respond to any inquiries but have retained it in case it is still of interest to anyone passing by.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Whitman Ballet Cut-Outs No.1962 (1964)



This was the first book I searched for when I realised it was possible to rediscover online the paper dolls that brought me so much enjoyment as a child.  It was a tantalising memory as I had no remnant of this set (unlike the battered copies and fragments of other sets that survived my childhood.)

There do not seem to be any reproductions available of this book and it does not come up for sale very often.  I was thrilled to win a bid on this set on eBay even though it is not in pristine condition.  The dolls have been removed and five of the dresses cut out.  Fortunately for me this did not include any of the ballet outfits as they are the ones I am mainly interested in.  For scanning I was able to re-assemble everything and was pleased to see the results are almost as good as new.

I think the reason why this book appealed so much to me as a child is because each girl, regardless of age, has an opportunity to star in her own production.         










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, saw your comment on Marges8 and decided to visit. I'm so glad that I did!

I also have this set. Please let me know if you're missing anything from yours and if so, I'll post them so you can copy them.

sharonssunlitmemories said...

Hi - thanks for leaving the comment and for the offer. Luckily the set I have is complete even though some of it has been cut out. I really appreciate the thought - the blogger community has made it possible to share so much - I still marvel at the world it has opened up! Sharon

Link/within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...