Blogger Templates
This blog has been retired. I won't respond to any inquiries but have retained it in case it is still of interest to anyone passing by.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Fair Lady Paper Doll

I've managed to find most of the paper dolls online that I enjoyed playing with as a child.  Sometimes the search has taken a bit of effort but I've been thrilled to discover that many original copies are still for sale, and if the original is not available there are good quality reproductions on offer or online picture albums and blogs that have brought back some wonderful memories.

One paper doll I have not come across in any search is the one posted below.  It was given to me in the late 60's and was most likely modelled on Audrey Hepburn as Eliza Doolittle although her famous Ascot dress is not as it appeared in the film.

My own paper doll version of My Fair Lady can be found here

It is a very pretty paper doll though, painted with a delicate touch and contains some lovely detail.    
       






Click here to see the rest of this paper doll book (posted 14 May 2011)

6 comments:

Janaki said...

Did this book have a "wardrobe" for the outfits?

sharonssunlitmemories said...

Yes - the inside of the back cover has a simple wardrobe but it is not a particularly attractive one. It is very 60's - covered in daisies and does not really match the era of the clothes. The book is also a story/colouring book but instead of telling the story of My Fair Lady it is a history of Covent Garden. If you want to see the wardrobe and extra pages I can scan and post them next week.

Cindy said...

Thank you for My Fair Lady. I like the old movies and paper dolls. This has a lot of beautiful dresses to it. Thanks Cindy W.

sharonssunlitmemories said...

Thanks Cindy - I think she is lovely too & I've realised how unique she is since I posted this page. I'm lucky this set is complete as I've never seen it anywhere else and don't think I could replace it. I'm glad I have it to share with everyone who finds my blog.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Thank you again for this post.
I do remember a second, similar book, with the same doll & clothes, but in different colours - for instance, the ball gown was blue.

Hope we come across that too someday!

Best,

Jan

sharonssunlitmemories said...

Hi Jan - I didn't know there was another version of this book with different colours - I'd really like to see it - hope it does turn up one day!

Link/within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...